Rich Pins are a type of organic Pin format that provide more context about an idea by showing extra information directly on the Pin. Rich Pins are a free product available for anyone on Pinterest. Ensuring your domain is set up for Rich Pins is pretty straightforward.
How do I enable Rich Pins?
First of all, all domains have to be approved for rich pins on Pinterest. Before you Pin will appear It will have to be validated by the Pinterest team. Don't worry! It is more simple than it sounds. Here's how:
- Add a recipe and put it on a page or article. Make sure it looks good and you're happy with it.
- Next, go to Pinterest's Rich Pin Validator: https://developers.pinterest.com/tools/url-debugger/
- Enter the URL of the recipe into the validator.
- Correct any problems you see with your metadata.
- Make sure it says approved.
You only have to do this once for the domain of your site. After that, Pinterest will automatically read your rich pin details.
Have more questions regarding Rich Pins? Visit Pinterest help center here: https://developers.pinterest.com/tools/url-debugger/